Areas of Practice
Melissa is an experienced and knowledgeable business transactions attorney who concentrates her practice in corporate and transactional matters, intellectual property, technology and wine law.
The types of matters Melissa handles include:
- Representing numerous clients in acquiring and protecting their intellectual property, including registering trademarks at the state and federal level, and launching nationwide enforcement programs to protect their intellectual property.
- Assisting clients with negotiating and licensing various forms of intellectual property, including literary works, software and educational programs.
- Assisting various clients with software end-user license agreements, Web and application (“app”) development contracts, and Web site policies, including consumer data protection issues.
- Resolving trademark disputes on the Internet.
- Assisting winery clients with naming and labeling issues.
- Handling the formation, organization and dissolution of various business entities including limited liability companies, corporations, partnerships and non-profit organizations.
- Advising for-profit and non-profit clients on operational issues encountered in their day-to-day business matters.
- Contract drafting and review.
- Successfully negotiated and closed numerous multi-million dollar transactions, including the sale of various local wineries, purchase and sale of local businesses and franchises as well as other complex business mergers and acquisitions.
- Evaluating and advising on nondisclosure and confidentiality issues.
- Lecturing on intellectual property law and software licensing issues as they pertain to businesses and educators.